What is it with high-ranking Democrats and their habit of laughing / smiling during times of utmost seriousness, yet they ridicule someone like President Trump who utilizes humor and jokes to troll his political enemies in both D.C. and the media?
Between Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, it’s as if the tragedy many of has faced under their administration is one big joke.
On Wednesday, before his jaunt to Kentucky, the cognitively deficient president shirked any responsibility for the deaths attributed to COVID-19 under his first year in office and laughed when asked if he would pressure China for more information regarding the coronavirus pandemic’s origins.
An unknown reporter in the White House press pool asked Biden, “…800,000 coronavirus deaths — do you have a statement on your responsibility? And why haven’t you asked China to do more, to be transparent on the origins?”
As shown in the video below, Biden listened and then smiled, laughed, and walked away without addressing either question:
REPORTER: “800,000 coronavirus deaths — do you have a statement on your responsibility? And why haven’t you asked China to do more, to be transparent on the origins?”
BIDEN: *smiles, walks away* pic.twitter.com/SGWNuJfdLB
— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) December 15, 2021
Biden made it a cornerstone of his 2020 presidential campaign that he would be a commander-in-chief who took responsibility for the virus.
Here are some of the numerous statements made by Biden where he politicized the China Virus while condemning Trump for his response:
- October 5, 2020: “More than 200,000 Americans have died. 50,000 Americans are getting the virus every day. 1,000 a day are dying. This is a national emergency. The President should take responsibility.”
- October 15, 2020: “We’re eight months into this pandemic, and Donald Trump still doesn’t have a plan to get this virus under control. I do.”
- October 27, 2020: “If you give me the honor of serving as your president, I won’t waste any time getting this virus under control and building our nation back better.”
- October 30, 2020: “I’m not going to shut down the country. I’m not going to shut down the economy. I’m going to shut down the virus.”
- November 1, 2020: “More than 230,000 Americans have died from COVID-19 –– and Donald Trump has given up on trying to get the virus under control. He may have quit on you, but I promise I never will.”
Despite Biden’s repeated promises to “shut down” the virus, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now says that the virus “isn’t going anywhere.”
But we kind of figured that…
“I’m going to shut down the virus, not the country,” said President Joe Biden during his presidential campaign in October 2020.
But now, the director of the CDC under the Biden administration is admitting that it’s “probably true” that COVID-19 is here to stay.
CDC Director Rochelle Walensky appeared on this-or-that Fake News network this week and was asked about whether we will ever be “all clear” of COVID.
She relented, saying that it’s more than likely that COVID is now a permanent fixture in our lives.
Smiling and walking away from the first two serious questions Biden's been asked on COVID in weeks, if not months. Infuriating. https://t.co/wEXrlxc3wm
— Emma Vaughn (@em__vaughn) December 15, 2021
Are you paying attention yet?
Author: Sebastian Hayworth